Education Business Partnerships
Of the dozen plus EBPs I work with I have a different working relationship with each of them! Let me just say I am very flexible! My ‘mission’ has always been to get more and better Engineering Activities run in schools by whatever means!
|Science and Engineering Challenge|
|Careers Event||Science and Engineering Day|
To this end some EBPs:-
- Broker my activities to schools, sometimes adding commission. (Fine by me as long as I know that you are, to avoid putting my foot in it) In reverse one EBP even sponsors me by part funding ‘Engineering Days’. Some EBPs just pass on my contact details to schools asking about practical hands on activities.
- Use me for Careers/Industry Taster or Work Related Learning days. Either Engineering or Construction.
- Brand ‘my’ activities and market them to schools then they assist in me in the delivery, usually my Enterprise activity or The Building Game.
- Run one of ‘my’ activities themselves in schools, normally using STIXX machines, following some training.
- Get me to run an ‘Engineering Challenge Day’ where each Secondary School in the borough/area is invited to send a team of six budding scientists and engineers; I deliver three activities covering different aspects of Engineering. There are judges, points awarded and a winning team at the end.
- Get a local company to sponsor my activities in the borough’s Primary or Secondary Schools. If sufficient sponsorship is available a new activity can be designed to suit the company’s line of business or feature something they would like to promote.
- Use me to deliver part of their Construction or Engineering Diploma courses.
- Get me to deliver Professional Development Placement days or twilights on Construction and/or Engineering or 'STIXX Engineering' running either the whole day or providing a hands on activity. I am a Professional Engineer, my full handle is Eur Ing Jeremy King BSc(hons) CEng MICE. I do not use it often as I am a firm believer in it is not what you know, it is how you use it!
Obviously the details are too numerous to list here. If you have a spare hour or two, it is easiest for me to come over to your office and demonstrate some of the activities then discuss various projects or ideas that I could potentially assist with. If there are any activities in the Primary or Secondary Brochures that catch your interest, mention it to me and I will make sure that I demonstrate them. There would be no obligation; some ideas take a long time to germinate into projects, as I know!
Pricing again is varied, but here are two rough guides.
A Science & Engineering Day with 120 students from seven secondary schools, three activities £800.00.
During the Primary School Science Leaders get together they have once a term, run the afternoon session as a PDP. So the twenty five teachers make the equipment for and learn three different Science practical activities they can deliver in their own schools. With the opportunity to see and discuss other activities they could do. Including the materials the teachers took away with them, £200.00.